If you are interested in adding something sweet to a physique focused lifestyle, this is definitely an awesome way to go. This recipe which was featured on the fantastic dessert blog, Desserts With Benefits, uses Greek yogurt as one of the main ingredients. This is nothing new as far as health food recipes go. However, the peanut butter flour used for the flavoring was completely new to me. After seeing this recipe I went to the store to pick some up. I mashed all the ingredients up in a high speed blender, and was really happy with how it turned out. The Macro split for this recipe is awesome, and can easily be adjusted by manipulating ingredients without altering the flavor too much. Finally this recipe is super easy to make with minimal set uo and tear down time.
- 455g (2 cups) Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1½ cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 8 packets Truvia or Stevia
- 120g (1 cup) Peanut Flour
- 8 Ice Cubes
- All-Natural Mini Marshmallows (shown in picture, I skipped on these)
- In a high-speed blender (Blendtec featured), blend together the Greek yogurt, milk and sweetener.
- Add the peanut flour and ice and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for later. (If you want it to look like it does in the picture you will need the mini marshmallows.
This recipe is great for anyone who is trying to get or stay lean. If you want to eat something sweet desserts like this are the way to go. First of all this is sweetened with Stevia. There is some debate as to whether or not Stevia is good or Bad. Some nutrition authorities go as far as saying Stevia can have health enhancing effects, while others believe it is just the same as any other sweetener. My unqualified opinion is that it works pretty well and has little to no side effects. The slightly off putting taste some people ascribe to Stevia is non existent in this recipe due to the great peanut butter and vanilla flavor.
Greek yogurt should be a staple in any physique conscious person’s kitchen. Its uses are nearly endless, and its macronutrient profile is awesome. With roughly 0 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbohydrate, and 23 grams of protein in each 130 kcal serving, this is something you need in your kitchen.