This recipe can help when you want to eat a larger quantity of food. If you eat this on its own, or throw it over some type of green it is perfect for a first meal of the day. The blended soup base is full of micronutrients and healthy fat. The high overall protein content of the dish will keep you full for a very long time.
This Recipe comes directly from the super high quality blog Nutritionist In The Kitchen where Krystal Sczebel highlights her many tasty creations.
- Cleansing Paleo Blender Mulligatawyn2015-01-14 22:27:21Serves 5Super Satisfying, Very FlavorfulWrite a reviewPrep Time10 minCook Time15 minTotal Time25 minPrep Time10 minCook Time15 minTotal Time25 minIngredients
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 granny smith apple, diced (use granny smith for that apple flavour to shine through!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 1 whole roma tomato, chopped
- 2 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1½ tablespoons yellow curry powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups light coconut milk
- 1 whole cooked organic rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bone and chopped or shredded (alternatively you could use a few baked chicken breasts or thighs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or thyme to garnish
Adapted from Nutritionist In The KitchenAdapted from Nutritionist In The KitchenIF Chef http://ifchef.com/
- Heat a large pot over medium to high heat and add in oil.
- Add in diced apple, garlic, corrot, celery, onion, and sautee for 5 minutes until onions become soft and translucent. You may need to reduce heat.
- Add in the tomatoes, spices, and ginger, and stir.
- Add in the broth. Increase the heat slightly and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and transfer the soup to a high speed blender. Cover and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and lemon juice and blend again for 2 minutes.
- Pour hot soup into a bowl and top with a 3-4oz portion of shredded chicken and the parsley or thyme to garnish!
- 1 serving
- 438 kcal
- 16 grams of carbohydrate
- 42 grams of protein
- 24 grams of Fat
Overall, this dish would make an excellent addition to anyone’s diet. Besides the fact that all the ingredients are fresh whole foods, this dish packs a bunch of medium chain triglycerides in the form of coconut milk.